Car accident

If the driver of a car is coming south at a high rate of speed and all of a suddent the car starts spinning and hits another car, and the speeding car back end ends up smashed in and the driver side of the other car from front of the car to the back is damaged how this happen, can anyone tell me how the back end of the speeding drivers rear end was smashed in and what made the car start spinning and could a tire blow-out cause this accident as well as the vsc(vehicle skid control) on the car being off?

What’s your beverage of choice tonight? Are you trying to get your story straight for the insurance company? You must not have done a breathalyzer because you’re not in jail.

I will not say squirrel brain. That would not be nice.

Buy a copy of “Grand Theft Auto” (a video game) and see if you can duplicate the crash. Record this game clip and take it to court with you. Today, anything is worth a try…

I was driving this 1970 Galaxie when I got silly and stepped down hard on the gas. My bald snow tires broke loose and sent me sideways. I picked out my power pole and said “hope I live”, when the car straightened out. Usually ice, sand and crazy speeds or wind blasts can make a car do tricks.

could a tire blow-out cause this accident as well as the vsc(vehicle skid control) on the car being off?

Yes, but so could many other things. It is a good bet that someone was traveling too fast for the driving conditions and/or was not in any condition to drive at that time.

Well, my first guess would be a combination of these factors:

Bald or worn tires that are improperly inflated;
Poor road surface condition (wheel ruts);
Poor driving conditions (rain, snow);
Unwise driving maneuver

This is what I think occurred;

The driver of the Lexus ES300 eas speeding, on a poor road surface, in hazardous driving conditions. The driver then jerked the steering wheel in order to pass the car in front of him, causing the balding rear tires of the Lexus to catch the wheel ruts in the road, causing the car to go into a spin.

Because of the forward momentum of the car, it started to pass the other car, and then the rear end of the Lexus slammed into the drivers side of the other car, causing the damage to both cars.

I’ve had this happen to a Chevy Cavalier security car that I was driving about 12 years ago, in the rain, on the down hill side of a mountain road, that had bad ruts in it, and the tires on the Cavalier I was driving were not in the best of condition. The rear tires caught the wheel ruts in the road surface, and the next thing I knew, I was going backwards down the road at 65 mph.

Luckily, I didn’t hit anything, including the car I was about to pass. I just whipped the steering wheel back around, and pointed the car back in the proper direction of travel, and continued on with my patrol. The next morning, when I returned the car to the office, I demanded that they replace the tires on it that day, and they did.

BC.

Inertia explains all of your questions except the possible causes. In this case I’m gong to guess that it was extreme excessive speed, carelessness, inexperience, and the exuberance of youth. Am I close?

How fast were you coming south at anyway? Why? What did the cop say?

Cars don’t just start spinning. They have to be turning to spin. I don’t think a blow out, even in the front, could cause that unless it were icy. There is driver error involved here.