Can you spot the problem?

Test your skills. See anything amiss?

Does this rim make my tires look fat?

These guys trying to rip me off saying I need a new tire. Look at all that tread left on it!

OK, now for the real test. DIY brake repair-

3 Likes

OMG!
:smack:

1 Like

On the wat to the post office yesterday a lady was driving a van with the spare on the front wheel. It was nearly totally deflated. She knew she had a problem because she had her flashers on going about 20 mph. She drove by two tire shops and last I saw she was nearing the coop. I just didn’t understand. The worst would be she’d need a new tire or at least air in the spare. Maybe trying to make it home?

So I tested myself and asked whether I would stop and help if she pulled over. I decided no. It was four lanes with no parking lane, no spare since it was already on the car, and just too dang cold. I’m not proud of myself for my answer but there are times to leave it to the police.

A girl commented once in evaluating if a guy was a keeper or not. Can he work with his hands at some blue collar skill? Yes I can. And would he stop to change a tire? Not always. So be it. I’m not in the market anyway. Of course we have cell phones now.

1 Like

1st of all that is called a rim saver…

2nd of all, give them an A for effort, at least they got the friction material against the rotor…

:man_facepalming: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

1st, maybe owner couldn’t read the distorted date code. 2nd , just an alternative vibration reduction method … lol …

Oh, c’mon. Many times I’ve gotten miles from old tires with cracked and leaking sidewalls by spraying it down with some flexseal. Hey, if you can turn a screen door into a boat bottom with it, you can surely fix a sidewall with it.

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Even if there was a parking lane/shoulder, the chance of being hit by a brain-dead driver is fairly high–unfortunately. As you stated, she undoubtedly has a cell phone, plus she made the decision to drive past a couple of tire shops.

I don’t think that your effort to help her should exceed her own effort to help herself.

1 Like

What brand is that tire? Looks like a Maypop to me.

7 Likes

Air leaked between the tire plies, don’t use rope plugs to repair punctures, especially a sidewall.

1 Like

So, Bibendum finally ended up on someone’s rim.

1 Like

Thats a new tire design to protect your expensive rims from curb rash. :crazy_face: :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you sure that’s not the new Willpop? :laughing:

2 Likes

That is well past the [[[ THE WILL POP STAGE TO THE MUSTPOP STAGE.]]]

1 Like

The tire is SUPPOSED to be like that…

The new Bubbles LaTour tires.

2 Likes

+1

Or an impact break, tears the inner liner of the tire and allows the air to get between the plies, but that is more out to happen with low pro tires…

1 Like

Doing an inspection of the boat trailer tires dad found some signs of tread separation, the next day he brought up the wheel to show us, huge bubble in the tread. Only in one spot though so not as bad as pictured.

Needs clay bar and wash and wax? :wink:

High flotation tires.

1 Like

I guess I’m not the only one that has seen the back of the pad against the rotor on DIY repair.

1 Like

I’ve seen DIYer replace the rotor/hub and not install the inner bearing… Yupers, I made some money off that guy, had to replace the spindle as well as the worn out ball joints… lol

I am sure most of the Pro mechanics could write a book on funny/stupid stuff we have seen… :laughing:

1 Like