Blogs Car Info Our Show Deals Mechanics Files Vehicle Donation

Can someone please tell me the name of this little part that I broke off?

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, 4 Cylinder.

I was working on my car and leaned on a little plastic part by accident and broke it. See photo. I’d really appreciate your help.

That’s the PCV valve.


Any car parts place should have one, and it’s easy to replace. Lucky you!

Thank you guys for the quick reply. Phew, just a few bucks too.

I replaced mine recently. The new one fit so tightly it broke when I applied enough force (with my bare hands - they hurt); I also broke the grommet, which had gotten hard in its 30 years. I bought a metal valve and a new grommet. So you may want to consider the metal one. It was only 50¢ or $1 more.