Can quits running

I have a 2010 Chrysler Sebring that in the past month will all of a sudden quit running. Had to the dealership twice in past month. New plugs, injectors cleaned. Got car out of shop yesterday and drove 6 miles and it quit twice again. Too late to take back to dealer. They have checked it out twice on monitor and all they said was what they did to repair. It seems to me that it is a fuel problem. Maybe a fuel pump, fuel filter, or dirt in the fuel itself. Will have to take back to dealer Monday. What do you think is the problem. Not missing or ideling rough. Runs good, but will all of a sudden quit. Open to suggestions…

The problem might be with a crankshaft position sensor failing.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1515172&cc=1444983

If the computer loses the signal from this sensor, the computer see’s no reason to operate the ignition and fuel systems so the engine shuts off.

Tester

I agree with @Tester‌

I might add that a failing crank sensor quite often does not generate a fault code

This is another vote for @Tester .

Yeah, lets all vote for Tester. President Tester!!!

No more free cel phones, but he’ll give you a free oil change so you can
"Get out and find a job"!!!

But does he like to golf…that’s the question.

Yosemite

Thanks for the info. Could there be other causes other than crankshaft sensor failure?

Of course there could be. We’re making educated guesses over the internet. Cars can only truly be diagnosed hands-on.
Has anyone read the fault codes? Were there any? Do you know what they were?
What has the dealership done “to repair” so far?

I agree with the same mountainbike as well.

Let’s say a man falls off a cliff and two coroners show up and look at the mangled body sprawled out on the rocks. What killed him? The fall or something else? The first coroner says “It was the fall.” The second coroner does an autopsy and shows proof that the man died of a heart attack and then fell off the cliff. You just don’t know about some things until you actually know. An educated guess is usually right but there are exceptions to any rule. A “hands on” diagnosis is simply not available over the internet at this point in time.

No. I don’t golf.

All golfing is, is a five mile walk with occasional periods of disappointment.

Tester