Can old cars be a source of your depression?

My wife has told me just because something is getting old and showing its age, I can not get rid of it :slight_smile:

“Carpe Deim!”,get a job(real one) move out,and for pitys sake get excited,surround yourself with interesting people,sounds to me like you have a bad case of the Blues,if all else fails get a Dr. to prescribe some Prozac or Elival , old junk can be depressing,just except the fact its not perfect and make it your own ,detail it,put in a set of new floormats put an " America has shipped all its manufacturing jobs overseas,the only thing we produce is rich excutives" bumper sticker on it.
Seriously though,read the Bible,pray and give it about 6wks,if not better seek professional help(keep us posted) Best-Kevin

Makes sense to me. One time I drove a car that wouldn’t start reliably; it was hard to tell when it would start, and when it wouldn’t. Guess work at best. But I could manage to push start it provided I had some room and at least a bit of a downhill slope to work with. So I had to always park in places like that, where I would have enough room and a little downhill slope to push start it, should it fail to start the normal way with the key. I can’t say this situation depressed me, but my life got a little better once that issue was resolved. Likewise, my life got a little better when I bought an automatic dishwasher, and a garage door opener. Sometimes a little dose of modern conveniences can do wonders.

Last year at work we had a special employee sale where they had a front loading washer for $500(retail was $1000). My top load washer was maybe 4~ years old at the time, and I was wanting a front loader when I needed a new one.
Well, I bought the front loader while it was on sale, figuring if I would ever NEED a new washer, I would be stuck paying a higher price for it. My neighbor’s washer was going out on him, so I offered to sell him my old top load for $100 and it’s still going strong for him today; just like my old Civic.

Of course, it is cheaper to change cars that depress you than a mate or house.

^@Galant
OKay. I am guessing that kicking tires, is OK?

@longprime;
Yes, checking tires and window shopping is okay, its when the tires start kicking back that things get dicey.

more tires in the yard. Obviously we know that some are not the correct fit or purpose which we can immediately bypass, but that still leaves a lot of tires-and they still are making tires. :<}}

I mentioned that I bought a new office chair and I feel good about it. Now I want a new car and I’m flipping a coin for either a Rav4 or its chief competitor. I’m happier now.