Can I drive long distance with cvt slipping

Context matters, yes. But total and complete context matters more. The OP’s original problem was finding a fix for his bad cvt. If the cvt is not shot already from excessive use of the car and not having problem fixed…my simple advice would have been no, it is not advisable. Driving the car 5 hrs. or more would put extra strain and heat on the cvt. He should have taken the car to the dealership (they know their cars) first. Paid for the correct diagnosis, and then try to find the least expensive good mechanic to fix it. Flip a coin, does not strike me as a very informative and helpful answer.

The OP’s original question was “can I do it?” not “should I do it?” Nobody knows whether it’s physically possible or not so the answer becomes “Flip a coin.” Several of us tried to answer the “should I” question and one even tried to educate the OP about how his/her transmission works but the question the OP actually asked can’t be answered, thus, “Flip a coin.”

1 Like

I just want to hear from the OP. How did things turn out for you? Was your cvt problem fixed? And if it was, what was the problem diagnosed as. Thank You.