Can aftermarket/custom be comparable in quality to stock?

Really? I don’t see hardly any modified cars and I have 3 modified cars that are as reliable as my 2 Camry’s and old Ranger pickup. I "built’ all 3 and can fix all of them because of that.

1 Like

Needs a meme with the phrase:
“hurr hurrr car go brr skitttch brrrr skkkititititititchch skitch”

My money-no-object car build would be to take a 1967 Mustang shells that Year One sells and build from the ground up using the parts to finish it looking like a '67, but use all modern suspension and engine/transmission parts underneath. Last looked a couple years ago and a brand new Shelby GT-500 engine was $60k, transmission was another $20k- that’s $100k before I buy body panels and suspension parts. Probably a good $150k by the time I get suspension, panels, interior and paint done.
Not sure if I’d go simple and do a Shelby blue with white stripes and white interior with matching Shelby blue stitching and accents, or spice it up and do something like a burgundy wine and silver two tone with cream colored interior.

1 Like

Or it can be built for you in Orlando, comes with a one year bumper to bumper warranty, if you have $200,000.