Camry 2002 hard starting -- cold -- Battery OK

Camry 2002 LE (4 cyl Auto), 140K mi

This morning, for the first time I can recall, the car would not start right away.
Had been sitting in the garage for 2+ days.
Starter would crank just fine, but engine would not fire.
No lites were left on overnite.
Finally (after about 6+ attempts), engine started – runs fine now.

Took it to TOY dealer. Their diagnosis: weak battery, alternator low output.
Happy, had recently (6 mos) replaced battery after 4 years of use, so got a new battery N/C.
TOY ran a charging system check and it shows “Alternator Condition: OK” (midway between shitty and great I recall).

Funny, but my first thought when it would not start was the fuel system (fuel pump) or dirty ignitors.
I did ask my regular mechanic for an opinion, and he thinks it might indeed be the fuel pump – perhaps a clogged filter.

I am open to any suggestions on what to check or what it might be.

PS I am making a separate posting re whether an ignitor cleaning by dealer is worth it alt all.

Thanks in advance
– Scott

The next time the vehicle sits for a couple of days and the engine won’t start, turn the ignition switch off and then turn the ignition switch to run position so the dash lights come on for two seconds and turn the ignition switch off. Repeat this a half dozen times and then try starting the engine. If the engine starts right up more than likely the anti drain-back valve on the fuel pump assembly is defective.

Tester

Funny, that’s pretty much what my regular mechanic told me (he’s not the TOY guy i brought it to originally). Prob use him if such a repair is required – TOY dealer seems to have lost the bubble on this one.
Thanks for the info.