Camaro third gen

IS there such thing as 1991 25th anniversary camaro z28 convertable?

I think that 92 was the 25th year anniversary for the Camaro.

Nope, there was a 1992 25th anniversary heritage edition though. It makes sense since the first Camaro debuted in 1967, which would place a 25th anniversary in 1992.

My memory is REAL fuzzy on this and I could be worse than dead wrong but I don’t think an anniversary edition was built for 1991. It seems like Chevrolet was going to produce an anniversary edition for 1992 with a heavily modified engine but this was all dropped with the option being nothing more than a graphics/stripe package.

Since the Camaro first appeared in 1967 it seemed pretty skewed to me to call a 1992 26th model year a 25th anniversary edition.

I think you are dead right. I was going to test drive a 92 25th anniversary edition Camaro back in 94 or 95. It was white with the rally stripes on the hood, roof, and trunk. It had a 305 TBI (LO3) and an automatic. It wasn’t a half bad looking car except it wouldn’t start. I remember seeing a 92 with an LT1(?) on TV (Motorweek?), but it never made production.

Ed B.

Yes, there is such a thing. But if you are considering buying one, you must grow a mullet, keep a switchblade in your sock, and purchase a Winger box set.

Ha ha. That was the reasoning I gave one of my friends about why I couldn’t buy his “Smokey and the Bandit” style Trans Am. I also said that I would have to buy a red leather jacket, and nothing I owned would match so I would have to update my whole wardrobe.