Calming an Aggressive Driver

Brown Chevy Tahoes with black pipe grill guards are the new Crown Vics where I live.

Or, you could ride one of these. Wear a black and white open face helmet and mirror sunglasses, tall black boots and a blue or black shirt or jacket. Carry a bunch of stuff on your belt too.

I am not too worried about calming the aggressive drivers but I do make an effort to give them a reasonable opportunity to get past me if they appear compelled to do so. The aggressive drivers seem to be chronically troubled with some desire to be in the front position, constantly passing car after car even if they are taking an exit within 1/4 mile of the car ahead. It does seem to be a mental/psychological issue.

Has anyone else seen the W.C.Fields short video “Road Hogs?” I guess things haven’t really changed much in 90 years.

The best defense is to just ignore them. There isn’t really any way for another driver who happens to get in their way to change their behavior. These folks probably have a tendency to be brutish & aggressive anyway, but can normally control it. And this particular day maybe they found out their boss is planning to fire them or their wife is fooling around, so they’re taking their frustration out on you. Best policy is to forgive and forget. And more importantly, just ignore their rude behavior. Eventually they’ll do it when a police cruiser is behind them.

There’s a new cop car in MA I’ve seen a couple times now. It’s a black pickup with tool boxes on the side and a ladder rack with a ladder on top. Only noticed him when he was pulling someone over.

Back in the early-sixties, the County Police in Hudson County, NJ seized a yellow 1960 Ford Convertible, which was equipped with the biggest available engine that year (390 w/ 4 bbl carb??).
Rather than auction it, they pressed it into service as an unmarked car.
Just imagine the surprise of those who were pulled over by a…YUGE…yellow convertible!