Cabin filter replacement

Is it really necessary to have a cabin filter in place, couldn’t I just leave it out ,or will that affect my warranty. I have a 2007 hyundai sonata, and they want $80.00 to change it. I do use the a/c a lot as I live in Phoenix area

You can get the filters much cheaper at an auto parts store and change it yourself.
Yes, you could just take it out and leave it out. Nothing (including warranty) would be harmed.

It really does help with the quality of air you breath. So it’s up to you.

Yea you can just remove it. I’ve replaced them on a few different vehicles. None were very difficult. My wifes Lexus was so so simple…Dealer sent us one of their coupons to have it done there for $60 (regular price $100). Took me all of 3 minutes and I bought a Wix filter for $15.

By a filter yourself and replace it. When you do, you will have some idea of how much that dealer is charging you. You do not need to bring your car to a dealer for service, other than that which is covered under the warranty. Your warranty will remain valid as long as you keep good records. Save money and have your car serviced by an independent mechanic (not the fast lube places. They do more damage than good and are less respectable than the dealers.

Leaving the cabin filter out creates the risk of dirt falling into the blower. So it’s up to you.

Thanks for the info to all you guys. I will try doing it myself.

Your owner’s manual may tell you how to access the cabin air filter.