Buying^^

My sister is trying to buy me a car, because I crash my car Saturn SC1? (Long story)

However, I want a Saab 9-3, 2003 -20006?

However, she keep telling me that Saab are not good, what car should I try to make her buy (has to come with sunroof and leather would be a big plus) that is reliable. Honda, Lexus, and Toyota or ???

Yes, Honda/Lexus/Toyotas are good choices. As are Acuras (which of course, are Hondas). Your sister is right about the Saab. They’re cool, but not all that great.

Post specific cars you’re considering and people here can tell you the pitfalls of each.

If your sister is buying you a car, you have no business “making her” buy what you want. In any case, your sister is right, Saabs are very troublesome, and most likely too difficult for you to maintain properly.

Your best choice is a high volume, low priced reliable car, such as a Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Mazda3, Ford Focus, etc. These cars are easy to get body parts for when you crash.

Sunroofs are troublesome, and leather upholstery requires regular care, and is easily damaged when the sliding roof is left open or leaks!

Not Good is not a precise description. It is an opinion. I can find people who think that every _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank of any car manufacturer) is poor.

[b] should I try to make her buy ? [/b] You should not try to make her buy anything. It is ok to let her know what you might like in a car.  That would include things about the Saab that you believe are good and things about other cars you like.  Certainly you can find some things on the cars on her list that are good to you.

My suggestion is to thank your sister greatly for her generosity and say nothing about HER choice of what is good.

Vote number 4 for all the comments above…

“It is ok to let her know what you might like in a car.” that what i mean… thanks Joseph_E_Meehan.

“My suggestion is to thank your sister greatly for her generosity and say nothing about HER choice of what is good.” Off course, I am going to thank her but there is a long story in place…

Please tell us the story in short form, then we might be better able to advise you. To go from an SC1 Saturn to a Saab is quite a jump in price and operating cost.

I was saving to get a dodge charge (3g) before my accident. After my accident, my insurance paid for my car… my sister move to a different state (couple of month before my accident) and she have some difficult after few month. Nevertheless, I gave her all my money that I have saved and the insurance money too. When I was, try to buy a 03 Saab 9-3. (That was ?perfect? to me)