Buying used parts online

We need a new gear shifter for our 1999 Buick Regal, and want to buy a used one. Are there reputable online used part dealers, and what should we expect for pricing/warranty/shipping?

We need a new gear shifter for our 1999 Buick Regal, and want to buy a used one. Are there reputable online used part dealers, and what should we expect for pricing/warranty/shipping?

I’ve purchased from UsedAutoParts.com on several occasions. No problems, no complaints.

You could try calling your local auto recycling center (aka “junk yard”) to see if they have what you need.

I have bought a large variety of auto parts online. I have dealt with manufacturers, parts distributors, salvage yards, eBay, and private individuals parting out their wrecks. I’ve never had a bad buyers’ experience.

Pricing, shipping costs, and returnability are typically spelled out on the website. If unclear, there is always a contact address or phone number for customer service.

Go for it. Proceed with confidence.

A side…Not so funny…note…

This guy in Massachusetts had his car stolen. When he got it back it was stripped. Being a decent mechanic he did the work himself. Bought almost everything on-line from this place in Connecticut. Not so funny part was…that when the parts came in…They were from HIS CAR. The body panels matched perfectly…including the dent on the front fender that ligned up with the dent on the door. He called the police and they arrested the guy in Connecticut who for selling stolen parts. He had a whole wearhouse of stolen auto parts.

I use www.car-parts.com all the time and have had great results.

I would have loved to be there to see that one.
That guy had no idea those parts would ever come back to haunt him.

Many years ago I had the transmission out of my 59 Corvette while replacing the clutch.
Next day went out to reinstall the trans and it was gone from my garage.

A “friend” (ex-friend after a dozen or so punches later) had a “line” on a replacement transmission (4 speed).
Come to find out he was trying to sell my own transmission back to me after grinding off the serial numbers and applying a fresh coat of Chevy orange.

The least he could have done is palmed it off on somebody from out of town. Weasel.