Buying or Lasing a New Car. Advice Wanted!

Additionally, if she thinks that a new BMW is going to drive like the older ones, she is likely to be disappointed. Even Consumer Reports–which isn’t really high-performance oriented–says, “BMW is no longer the ultimate driving machine”.

My biggest shock regarding the newer BMWs has to do with the incredible racket that they make at idle speed, apparently as a result of their direct injection system. On multiple occasions, I have been near brandy-new Bimmers that sounded like a K-Mart corn popper at idle speed.

If other car makers can manage to design direct injection systems that don’t make such a tinny racket, why can’t BMW manage to do that?
:thinking:

1 Like

@cdaquila Hey Carolyn, the above poster does not want to pay advertising fees. You have permission to send them off into cyberspace.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your input! I finally have time to buy the car.

Unfortunately, the 430 I wanted is no longer available and I can’t find one similar.

She did a search of all if BMW.

Meanwhile those tariffs might be coming so I hate to delay any longer.

The car is blue and there’s one she can get but it’s got this ugly blue trim.

Is the trim something they can change or is it a done deal?

I really appreciate your help

1 Like

Have no idea what you mean by trim. Also many BMW’s are made in the US if that is where you are.

You can’t change trim at a reasonable expense. If it is interior trim, the parts probably cost several hundred dollars, maybe over a thousand. Figure at least $500 for labor. Exterior trim is typically painted, and that would cost thousands to change.

You beat me to it by almost 6 months. I am at this time unable to accomplish lasing any car because I do not own a laser.