Burning up O2 Sensors

I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute with 141,000 miles. Recently, I’ve burned up both O2 sensors causing the check engine light to come on. My mechanic has replaced each and they’ve burned out again. The head gasket was replaced after that, to no avail. The check engine light continues to come on after being cleared in the computer. I have also noticed that on humid days, the car misfires on at least one cylinder., but any other time, it seems fine. Any thoughts on what to check next? My mechanic is at a loss.

How about you go to the parts store like the Zone and have them retreive codes and report back here with the codes, not the description. Just because you have a lean code does not mean you have a bad oxygen sensor. Most of the time oxygen sensors are replaced when not needed. How long ago were the O2 sensors replaced before the light came back on.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here. 

Often people read the code and then jump to something like replacing O? sensors when it might have been a loose wire or a lot of other things.