Buick Park Avenue AC/heater system

I have a 1995 Buick Park Avenue in which the driver’s side AC/heater system blows vent air (AC compressor inoperative) and the passenger side blows very hot air in the summer. In the winter the drivers side blows hot air and the passenger side is warm but not hot. I think it is due to the lack of operation of the diverters inside. I have checked the fuses and they are OK. The various positions on th AC/heater panel works ie windshield, midrange and floor. I would like to get rid of the hot air from the passengers side so that I don’t melt! Any help out there. Thanks

It does sound like the air blend, or vent door motor on the passenger side has a problem. The motor is usually controlled by vacuum air. There may be a problem with the connection to it or the vent motor has a problem. You will need to get into the dash and see what the problem is. Not an easy job possibly.

I have a similar problem with my 96 park avenue. The same symptoms appeared last year. The Climate control module now has no power. I’m looking for a used on online, but the only ones for sale are the slide control variety. Mine has the buttons like in a 97. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks I’ll know where to look anyway!