Bucking Burping Areomate

25,000 miles ago I replaced my engine, fuel pump and speedometer. Things went swimmingly until about 5K miles ago when the engine intermittently started to cut out, almost as though the ignition was turned off and immediately turned back on. There is never any indication of why, but it usually happens during acceleration. Because it might be weeks between events mechanics can’t diagnose the problem.

Lately, the problem is more frequent - daily. I’ve noticed that the speedometer goes all wacky pegging to max or zero - sometimes related to acceleration. I’ve found that full acceleration sometimes clears the problem, but the engine cut out with the deceleration is weirding out my dog. Who always gives me a curious look. I’ve tried to explain it to her, but she isn’t buying my excuses.

The speedo and tranny are electronic so disconnecting wires have resulted in the “limp mode” defaulting rather than allowing me to isolate the problem. Any ideas?

Change the fuel filter, and check the fuel pressure with the engine under load (in Drive, 2000 rpm for three minuets). Check the electrical response of the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). See the other post about the TPS. http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2126923.page