Broken Bolt Help

@GeorgeSanJose.

They make a product for welding tips that prevents welding slag from sticking to the tips called Nozzle Clean. http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Antispatter.html

You can also apply this to surrounding surfaces to prevent weld spatter from damaging machined surfaces. Or a thin coat of grease prevents weld spatter from damaging the machined surfaces.

Always remember. A weld will not join if the surface is contaminated.

Tester

Ok, I see, you just put a donut shaped mask of anti-spatter around the bolt/extractor. Makes sense. Thanks.

grind stones with demel? - Yes, useless. and you may be better off using a polishing cloth.

If you can jam a nut on the remaining part of the bolt and don’t shake too much, you can spot weld through the hole in the nut and not hit anything else. I’ve only done it once myself.

Long overdue update on this…I have been very busy with college and work schedule.

I went ahead and put the pan etc back on, so far no leaks. Would like to thank everyone for the suggestions:) If it does start leaking I’ll give it another go.

Harland,

So what did you do?

Didn’t get the bolt removed, just installed pan, didn’t get the broken ones out at all. Pretty amazed at this point with it.