Brick laying machine, we still have streets with brick pavers, do you? This is way cool!

He catches me too, as do others. No big deal.

That's the most intelligent thing you've ever said in this forum.

Whew, finally got down to your level…

Are those bricks slick when wet,Mike?Seems like bricks will wick a lot of water,I have noticed on brick veneer structures around here they do install weep holes and sometimes cotton wicks,which they remove after awhile,but what would be the remedy on a roadway?Good drainage?

Our brick streets seem to drain fine, standard yes I think they are slipperier than concrete or asphalt, but under normal driving conditions I have not found brick streets to be a problem.
I am not sure I have ever seen weep holes or wicks,

I had earlier mentioned Ponca City, OK which is near where I live as still having a number of brick streets. Apparently they can be a little slippery and in the battle of GM vs Mother Nature the latter won out.

Ouch. No point in even getting an estimate on that one. Looks like paint code 72 though. I have some of that but it would be a pretty big project. :blush:

I guess people should slow down,when its gets wet outside(a good idea on any surface-you wouldnt believe how fast people will go on snow slicked roads around here,black ice separates the drivers from the wannabees however)I expect chains and studs would chew up bricks pretty fast,the hard surfacing the Amish put on their horseshoes chews up concrete pretty fast.

Whew, finally got down to your level........................

WOW…4 days to respond…What a quick thinker…

I hear Adolf Hitler was a quick thinker.

Can’t youse guys kiss and make up?

I have to ask. What is a ribbon driveway?

@“oldtimer 11” A ribbon driveway in my case concrete lanes more or less with grass in the middle, till I replaced the grass with pavers. Note I also have curbs that help make hillbilly whitewalls!

Yeah that’s what I thought. When I was a kid all the drive ways around us were like that except just gravel and no paving. I remember trying to talk my dad into paving the drive way. Never thought about the ribbon drive which might have been easier to sell. We just moved instead.

@bing When I was a kid there were roads with no paving and a grass strip down the middle! Actually in the north woods there still are! Ran across a few, set the gps to shortest route, towing the boat back from used boat part supply place for a part they needed to see in person to make sure it was correct for my 100hp 66 evinrude outboard on a 15’ sea ray boat, bad idea! luckily not enough traffic for too many inconveniences. Basically a one lane dirt road with grass in the middle for 2 way traffic!

Not certain OT,but I think it might be one of those driveways were 2 runs of concrete are(looks like 2 parallel sidewalks) are employed to save material.

See the picture a couple posts up.

We have some brick sidewalks in the neighborhood and I’ve had some nasty falls when they’re wet. Very slippery, indeed. Brick streets sure are pretty, though.

Thanks Bing,thats what,I thought.Most people around here use a single lane of bituminous concrete,but the big advantage of cementitous concrete is that,oil and gas wont affect it and you can install it a little at a time.

In my motorcycle years, more coming soon as I get the 72 triumph up and running, mostly for a triumph motorcycle contingent in the 4th of july parade, 16 guys interested so far.

Any type of road you never ride down the middle of the lane, especially as rain starts, as that is a collector place for petroleum reside and traction danger for bikers…

Thanks for the pic, don’t see any of those around here, would be tough to run a snowblower on.