Brand New Car that is 2.5 years old!

As of today, this thread has gone on for one month.

If the OP was REALLY serious about this issue, he would have purchased this vehicle by now, or he would at least have stopped playing with us regarding the make and model of this mysterious car/truck/backhoe/forklift/golf cart…

I know I should have not started up the posting again,we all know we are being played.

Really - I’m not “playing” anyone here. The vehicle is real, it’s not a Crossfire (nowhere near as exciting as that), and it HAS been sitting (unbelievably) for 2.5 years! This just doesn’t make any sense to me. At 49% off sticker, this thing could’ve been gone on EBay months ago.

Well, that’s it for me for a couple more weeks. Then I’ll let you know what it was and whether I bought it. At this point I’m almost embarrassed to say what it is because this thread has gone on WAY TOO LONG and when you find out what the vehicle is you’re going to say, “we’ve been waiting how long for THIS???” As I said earlier, my original intent was to ask a general question and get some general ideas - NOT to incite a riot over what what the vehicle was …

b

I disagree. I don’t see (in this case) where knowing the make and model would help much. We’re not talking about a specific problem here. It’s a brand new vehicle that’s been sitting for 2.5 years. What are the possible complications? Obvious/easy stuff: tires, battery. Insidious/hard stuff: Fuel system contamination. Maybe some minor internal engine damage if the vehicle actually sat for months between startups?

Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned the financial aspect. It only created distraction.

I give you 5 stars oldschool as I agree with you, but I can not help wondering what car the poster has an option on! Dang I wish I could let it go.

Ford Five Hundred, perchance?

a

there are current deals on cars and trucks that are NOT 2.5 years old that are nearly 50% off

no one is going to “steal” this car out from under you

Is this really what this bard is comprised of?

Paranoid clueless posters?

As long as the OP doesn’t start throwing F-bombs I believe he can post what he wants,yes there is “paranoid clueless poster” activity going on but just by the OP,sorry Colt Hero that is how you are comming across.

I respond to the thread for entertainment,because members respond to the thread doesn’t degrade the quality of other work we do on this Forum,this thread is not of the highest quality but its just one thread.

I am glad we are open here and everyone has behaved well,no one has “flamed” Colt and that shows what the board has,tolerence,even for the absurd.

OK, but seriously, can’t he just tell us what car it is?

I still have my money on the Ford Five Hundred.

Why would a Ford Five Hundred, which was simply rebranded as the new Taurus, sit on a dealer lot long enough to be discounted 50%? These are highly-rated cars that have sold relatively well. Why would one nameplate, as opposed to another nameplate keep people from buying it?

Now on the other hand, if it was a Pontiac Aztek, I could understand people hesitating to buy it. However, I’m not even sure if Pontiac was still selling those awful-looking monstrosities in 2006.

Nope, they stopped in 2005.

Now, the Buick Rendezvous was identical to the Aztek and made until 2007. Is that it?

“Now, the Buick Rendezvous was identical to the Aztek and made until 2007. Is that it?”

It was not identical. Nothing is as ugly as a Pontiac Aztek.

“It was not identical. Nothing is as ugly as a Pontiac Aztek.”

OK, maybe the Buick is a little less ugly, but they didn’t make the Aztek in 2006.
However, they did make the Rendezvous until 2007, so that might be it.

My guess, Ford Freestyle. You can actually hear it depreciate on quiet nights.

Oh C’mon. Aren’t we going a bit overboard here? Just because I won’t divulge the make and model of this very pedestrian vehicle? I’m telling you: when I finally tell you what it is, you’re all going to laugh! In fact, I can’t believe you haven’t guessed what it is yet!

Ford FreeStyle - that’s not it, but what’s wrong with that? Isn’t that what is now known as the Taurus-X? I wouldn’t mind getting one of those. Looks like a very versatile car to me…

OK, I’ll throw my hat into the ring. A Saturn Ion.

Probably not. They seem like pretty good cars.

Hummer H1? No one wants one of those anymore?

Yes, Freestyle is now the Taurus-X. Not a big hit and the resale was/is in the tank.