Brake reservoir cap seal gets stuck to reservoir

So my brake reservoir cap keeps getting stuck to my reservoir instead of staying on the cap and I don’t know why? I have flushed the whole system changed everything from gaskets to hoses just in case there was a contamination problem. And it still keeps getting stuck to the reservoir and I’ve bought several brand new cabs and they all do the same thing

as long as its not leaking and everything is working it should not be a problem.

2 Likes

Yeah, so do mine. Reach in there and pull it out. Nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

and if it really bothers you, find a rubber safe glue and glue them together. but there is really no reason to have to do that.

2 Likes

That’s not unusual. It means the gasket is forming a tight seal against the fluid reservoir.

How often are you taking the top off the reservoir? I mean you can see the fluid level through the side. I can’t see a reason to have the cap off more than once a year. Ideally it shouldn’t ever come off unless you are doing brake service. If you’re taking the cap off regularly to fill it there might be a leak somewhere.

2 Likes

The brake MC cap on my Ford truck is vented, although the vent hole is very hard to see. I have to hold it up to a bright light, then I can see a little light coming through. As the brake shoes/pad wear the fluid level drop, so air has to come in at the top. Maybe the problem is something to do w/that.