Nothing would surprise me anymore so more than likely someone out there is considering or has done it.
Back in the late 80s a 70s model Subaru was towed in for a no-start. The smell of burnt wiring was very strong. Apparently the headlight fuse gave up; a 15 amp fuse. The guy added a 20 amp which promptly blew and keep in mind this was the old style glass fuses.
He then went to a 25, 30 and eventually a 40 amp which popped immediately.
His answer for this was to remove the short blade from a reversible common/.Phillips screwdriver and plug that into the fuse holder. Nothing popped this time except all of the wiring from the fuse box forward.
And of course he complained about the cost of a new harness…