Best old cheap convertible to buy?

91 - 93 Dodge Shadow/Plymouth Sundance. These Are A Bit Smaller Than The Chrysler LeBaron.
CSA

@mleich

This looks older than a lebaron, but I can’t see the badge.

any convertible that’s older than 13 years old should be a keeper.
The problem is any convertible that’s oler than 13 years old that is for sale has a problem that the current owner wants you to deal with. :-))

@longprime so you are saying that people with good convertibles are hanging on to them, NOT selling them?

what do you think?

@longprime surely there are some good older convertibles for sale.

I can understand your cynicism, though.

Not a cynic. Just realistic.
I snoozed, and lost two good lawn mowers today. I did buy the third garage sale, bought a less than desireable mower and it will take a some workl.

@bscar. I purchased my Del Sol brand new in 93 and it was a blast to drive. Not to sound pompous but my father in law is rather wealthy so I’ve also had the privilege of driving a BMW M5 and a Lamborghini Countach fairly regularly. Also test drove an Audi R8 in Florida. I think I can accurately opine about what’s fun to drive. Now get back in your Dodge Duster.

Mike

Didn’t even mention the 500hp twin turbo 1992 Supra show car currently residing in the garage or the 11 sec Mustang GT street/strip car my brother owns. Now if I could only figure out how to add photos via my iPad I’d humour you with some photos of these cars. :frowning:

Would be nice to know what the op considers to be cheap and old. For the masses, a miata is cheap. But since the op mentioned the Bavarian company, I assume that the Honda S2000 is within reach.

A fun to drive Honda does exist!

If you’re going to post pictures you’re claiming as your own, atleast remove the watermark from the photo.

The Mini Cooper I test drove was loads more fun than my Civic was. So was the Pontiac G8 GT. And the F-150. And the Rav4 V6. And the Mazda Miata. And the Mazda 3 hatchback. Even the Acura RDX was a little bit more fun than my Civic was. The only things more boring than my old Civic was the new one and the Chevy Silverado I test drove. The V8 Colorado I test drove was interesting only in that the brakes felt like the old Chevelle I owned, and it had 4 drum brakes on it.

I see a blue spruce and purple leaf plum tree and some doug fir. Which makes the picture to be be one of the western states and maybe from northern cal & above-the short convertible weather makes these cars exceptionally rare. JMO.

@bscar. If you’d like a pic without a watermark, ( that one is from an auto show) ill gladly go shoot one. You tell me what you’d like to see in the pic? Today’s newspaper perhaps?

You, beside the car, with a shoe on your head and holding a piece of paper that says “Bscar is my daddy”

XD