Best colour car repair manual

That’s actually a pretty good site. I guess that’s why I bought the $25 cheapie Pontiac manual instead of the $222 version on sale from $230. It would be handy once in a while but I don’t intend to work on cars like I used to. I did buy a 2007 Acura manual for our 2008 for about $70 since the mechanic said they were about the same. Its still reasonably ok yet for the 2012. I wonder if I should start selling my old ones for mad money.

@Bing
"I guess that’s why I bought the $25 cheapie Pontiac manual instead of the $222 version on sale from $230. It would be handy once in a while but I don’t intend to work on cars like I used to."

Bing, I have found that even a car concern that you are going to refer to a professional is good to study up on prior to service. I like to see what the service manual has to say. Also, you could find information that leads you to try a repair/maintenance that you previously considered not desirable. Although… You Tube has made this easier…

I guess I’m just old-school. I use paper maps, phone books, service manuals, note pads… and enjoy every minute of it! :smiley:
CSA

I think that the Haye’s and Chilton manuals are fine for most work anyone is going to do in their backyard or garage.
I have about 10 different ones, but half are for older vehicles that I doubt that I will see in my shop anymore.
I too can travel to our own library (-5 miles from the shop) but rarely do I need that much information.

I too go to you tube for much info. Everybody wants to be in pictures and there are some informative videos there. You just need to accept that some of these TDYers think that they know everything, but in reality, they know just enough to be dangerous.
It’s common sense that not everything on the net it true!!!

Yosemite

There is one manual I wish I hadn’t passed on. About two years ago I saw in an antique shop a very used factory repair manual for my '72 Vega… I think they wanted $10. I wish I’d bought it just for the memories. I tried to go back later and the manual was gone.

One of the best manuals I ever had was the one for my 68 Dodge Dart. Factory manual and very well illustrated and laid out. Clear procedures etc. I gave it to the guy I was commuting with. Wish I still had it just for reference. But then I’m running out of library space. I’ve got the 74 Olds manual somewhere, the 81 Olds manual, the 86 Buick/riviera manuals with the body manual, the 96 Aurora/Riviera body and shop manual, and the 07 Acura manual. Then I’ve got the Motors must be 52-59 manual that I love to look through. Two or three body and paint books, etc. Geeze, plus I’ve got the Tecumseh manual, the small and twin cylinder Briggs manuals, Chiltons small engine manual, a couple riding mower manuals, and I know I’ve got Richards Bicycle book somewhere too. And if I hurt myself, the Physicians Desk Reference and a set of Minnesota Statutes somewhere if I get in trouble.

Yeah I go nuts on books. And that’s not even the DIY carpentry, electrical, plumbing, roofing, tile setting, fencing, landscape, etc. Once a year one of my wife’s organizations has a book sale where people donate their books as a fund raiser. I just can’t resist and ended up buying a beautiful book on the Viet Nam wall. When I went to pay for it, my wife said that was a book she donated. I paid for it and rescued it and its hidden from her.