Before you rush out to buy that Ferrari

In this case, zero might mean near-zero.

That actually does work in my experience. When I used to travel by air a lot, I would wear a coat and tie and dress shoes. Iā€™d get much better service from the airline, hotel, and restaurant staff that way. Dressed in my normal attire of leviā€™s and t-shirt, waiting at the end of a long line, Iā€™d be ignored. Coat and tie? ā€œNeed some help sir? Step this way.ā€

I always got treated much better when I had a nice suit on than when I had grubbies. Including at car dealerships.

Now that Iā€™m retired, I dress in a USAF or NAVY DAD T-shirt and military hat with ribbons. And I walk with a cane. And Iā€™ve grown a bushy gray beard, which I keep trimmed. People are a lot friendlier to me now. I call it ā€œthe Santa Clause effectā€. Something about the gray beard and cane brings out the kindness in people.

One of the latest bits of news on this involves the dealershipā€™s attorney who issued a statement.

He said that this incident happened after hours, off the premises, and that the technician who was involved in doing this is no longer employed by the dealership with the dealer having no knowledge of this.

One thing for sure. A lot of potential Ferrari buyers are going to be hedging their bets before plunking down 6 or 7 figures on one. It will be interesting to see what happens with bidding on Ferraris at the Barrett-Jackson and Mecum auctions.
Some of those people who bought a Ferrari with the intention of flipping it for a princely sum are probably sweating right nowā€¦

2 Likes