Be a man, part 2

MB–I also got quite a chuckle out of the image of someone driving on the crowded California freeways while frantically waving a huge sign and beeping his horn. I think we can agree that this is someone who–in general–is desperate for people to listen to him, and who envisions himself as the savior of humanity–or at least the savior of the female portion of humanity.

As to his self-aggrandizing claims about his net worth, I am reminded of a cartoon on the topic of internet dating sites. It shows a dog at a computer keyboard, making believe that he is human and trying to convince women to date him. The thought balloon over the dog’s head says, “On the internet, nobody knows that you’re a dog”.

Even though these threads have nothing to do with car repairs, they are certainly entertaining!

Come on, people! I thought this guy finally wrote a reply we could leave up without flagging as inappropriate. Yes, his response was childish and petty, but at least he didn’t single anyone out, and it said more about him than it said about the targets of his lame outburst.

I’m still laughing. I wonder what he does when he sees a tractor-trailer with a brake light out. His antics must be a riot.

What was the name of that movie Steve Martin was in about LA? The one where he’s in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway continues talking while entering a gunfight with the vehicle next to him?

Don’t really know what to say . . . I thought that it was a polite and reasonable response. Guess I’m going to go back and read the OP and see if I can answer his question . . . . if there is one . . . . and your suggestion that me and my pals actually visit this forum because we’re obsessed with repairs and can’t have it repaired by professionals. Never mind, I think I’ll go to my anger management classes for being so mean spirited. Jeezuz . . . it takes all kinds. Let the Troll pass by. Why are you here, anyway? If you don’t feel welcome, and don’t feel like you fit in with me and my pals, and don’t have black grease under your fingernails, and could buy and sell any two of us . . . why are you visiting a car forum for repair and maintenance? Having said that, thank you for not telling me to leave the forum, I’ll see if I can conduct myself in a more mature manner. Rocketman

Mountainbike, I think the movie is L.A. Story.

BTW Bozo, in California there are call boxes every few miles. Don’t tell me she can’t walk a little to reach one.

“a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Honking at people on the freeway and waving erratically at other drivers is liable to get you shot in TX.

Figures.

Who is saying what to who here? Is catz pi**ed at rocketman? or who is upset with who? We shouldn’t let Bozo get us going,just not worth it.

Agreed. Dig the hole, I’ll throw the hatchet it. Someone cover it. Let’s move on. Rocketman

oldschool, I am not pi**ed at rocketman. The op flung some dung and it has been removed. Now all posts appear as thought they make no sense.

I agree with rocketman, dig a hole but he left out kicking the op in first. I’M JOKING. Maybe the dog will cover it?

I wonder why BozoBama’s wife doesn’t have a AAA card and a cell phone…

Go easy on the ladies fellas. There are just as many men out there who can’t change a flat as there are women. I’m one. In my case it’s due to disability, but there are a whole lot of baby boomers with disabilities. We’re getting older folks.

Every driver should have a AAA card and a cell phone. When my daughter started driving I got her both items, and they’ve been lifesavers (possibly literally) on more than one occasion.