Battery jumpers

I want to buy my dad a battery jumper but don’t know which one to buy. Any Suggestions out there? I don’t want to spend more than 100.00

I’ve attached a link to some options I found

http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/category.jcw?statenval=1101000931&shopid=100001&pageid=10&skip=Y&TID=8223240&gclid=CLSvhsGM0Z4CFchn5QodiBVArg

I’m sure your local parts store has some good units too.

Probably the biggest thing to remember is ratings. The current rating (ampheres) is the key. The higher that is, the better the system will be able to safely provide whatever the vehicle being charged demands.

Probably the biggest thing to remember is ratings. The current rating (ampheres) is the key. The higher that is, the better the system will be able to safely provide whatever the vehicle being charged demands

Worth repeating. A light weight set of cables are worthless.

How often does Dad need to jump-start his car?? Maybe you should just buy him a new battery…Few people have a real need for expensive booster starting units…

Look for one with at least a 17 amp battery and good size cables.
It will say in instructions you will have to discharge 2-3 times part way and recharge before it will be at full power.
I found they last a lot longer if you discharge some every 2 months and recharge, you can use a light or fan for a few hours to discharge.