Avoided Disaster

true but you can also make a citizens arrest if one had a mind to

No you can’t. It has to be a FELONY crime before you can make a citizen arrest. Driving erratically is NOT a felony. Even if a cop sees you driving erratically you’ll just get a ticket (unless there’s some underlying reason i.e you’re DUI).

I see it every single day. People on cell phones driving erratically…not paying attention and almost getting in accidents…or in some cases…actually getting into an accident. I never noticed any particular sex being more offensive then the other. Seems to be an equal opportunity offender. When I’m driving…my cell phone is OFF. No one has to get a-hold of me that badly.

Depends on the state, Mike. In my state, it only has to be a felony if you did not witness it (i.e. your daughter comes home and says the neighbor molested her - you can go hold him down until the cops get there). If you actually witness the event, you can make the arrest if it’s any violation of the law.

If you actually witness the event, you can make the arrest if it's any violation of the law.

I’d like to see your state law that says you can make a citizen’s arrest for a traffic violation. If you could make a citizen’s arrest for a traffic violation then there would be MILLIONS every year (In Massachusetts alone).

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/citizen-s-arrest.html