Automotive Breath

Thanks To Everybody For The Responses

We’re still not hearing back from everybody, but at least I can count on you!

Thanks for the laughs and advice!
CSA

The bold type is not bothersome and your input is appreciated. People do not respond back for a variety of reasons.

1. they put in thier 2 cents worth and feel like they are done so they do not feel like putting in 3 cents worth even though it’s not worth a plugged nickel.
    2.they read and conceed w/out feedback.
  2. they might be to absorbed with themselves to provide feedback.
    4.I am sure some contribute little because even the slightest error will provoke others to spew volumes of vemon for no reason.

No, it’s not you or your breath so maybe check your socks. Do you regularly rotate them to the opposite foot?

5: their post gets buried after awhile. I try to visit once a day, and I wind up going through about 5 or 6 pages, depending on when I login. Imagine someone trying to come back 2 or 3 days later, or more. Too much hassle to go through all those pages to find your post. That’s what I dislike about this new setup, there is no “view new posts since last visit” button

At least for a little while, for those of us that “don’t have a life” it’s fun to argue by email. It’s safer too. We can’t defend ourselves as well as we age.
Maybe you’re suffering as I, from the same “the older I get, the better I was” syndrome.

Agree…would just like to see the old with easier quote references. Harder to find responses.

Get a life. You aren’t even slightly funny.

You can add, “Play it again, Sam”, to the list of movie lines that were not actually uttered in the way that people think they were.

Abnormal, Compared With Other Comments I Have Received, Your’s Are Abnormal!

I guess that was the intent.

Thank you for your opinion, though. All comments were invited and welcome! Thanks!

Hey, Beefy Norm! Is That You?

Have you “reorganized” as Abnormal?

i miss the “view posts since last visit” button

A large part of the fault is Car Talk, itself. One can click on Submit a Question and on that page, there is no encouragement for the submitter to answer questions, nor instructions on how to, later, return to their post.
Yeah, I know, Car Talk loves me.

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to pipe in here to add two cents, which arguably is worth about as much as a plug nickel. Maybe we should value our responses in euros, or something stronger than dollars.

Anyway, I hear your concern about losing track of your discussions. It’s the nature of Public Action that discussions drift downward on the list as other discussions get added and replied to.

One suggestion is to go into your profile (accessible on the left-hand side of your screen) and click on – you guessed it – View Profile. In there, you can see a list of the most recent discussions you’ve participated in. Granted, it’s not exhaustive, but if you really can’t find the discussion you’re looking for, this is a quick way to find your newer ones.

Also, going forward, the discussions you want to track can be “watched” by clicking on the teeny little magnifying glass below the yellow box that contains the original post on the page with the discussion. By clicking on that, you will receive an e-mail at the address specified in your profile updating you whenever someone has commented on your question.

The search function on the CTC seems to be working pretty well. If you know the title, it should come up in the search results. One caveat: Make sure you’re using the search function for Public Action/Car Talk Community, instead of the search for cartalk.com.

Hope this helps. Thanks, guys! (And happy new year.)

Carolyn

I don’t know if Car talk loves you, but I know many people have listened to and respected your answers, as have I, sure I take a lot of flack for being a waterboy, but it is because I work at a water utility that I chose the name, and hellokit is really fun and you are an asset in this altruistic (doing good just for the sake of doing good) place.

Get rid of the very annoying bold,italics headlines.

Clammppit, How Do I Turn Them Off ?

You said, “Get rid of the very annoying bold,italics headlines.”
( I don’t find it offensive if you are brash or you don’t put a space after a comma. It’s the conveyance of the message that matters and you did a fine job. )

Another person said, “The bold type is not bothersome and your input is appreciated.” ( This comment was eloquent with impeccable taste and execution. )

Question: Which one of you is correct ?
Answer: It is a matter of personal opinion.

Thank You for your input. I asked for any and all comments and I appreciate them all.

Thanks again, CSA