Automatic Over rev before shifting

Turns out they took my money and didn’t solve anything, these years later problem hasn’t gotten any worse.

wow, that sucks. Because I have same problem just starting and lots of videos online show mechanics going into transmissions and replacing the 1-2 accumulator pistons that wear out from a metal piston bent slightly over time. Hoping I don’t have this problem because none of them replace it ON THE CAR, only after dismounting the whole tranny onto table for a couple small parts, WTF!

Mine has been doing it probably 7 years without getting worse.

Unlike driveway diyer’s, I don’t think pro mechanics consider it a super-big job to remove and install the tranny. Partly b/c they do it all the time, and b/c they have the sort of lifting equipment driveway diy’ers don’t have access to. Anybody know how long it takes for a pro mechanic to remove a transmission from a typical car?

Ah, now I got yah. Yes, mine seems to only do it when my car isn’t warmed up but IDK because it just started. I have OB-II code reader tool and engine check engine light coming on-and-off now and just don’t want to do major damage.

I don’t know how long it takes 'cause I never hang around but a normal R&R on a front wheel drive is about $700. Not an easy job with all the stuff to disconnect even with a lift. If you get lucky and they just have to drop it down a little like to replace a harness or solenoid, it cost me about $250. It’s been over ten years though for me so maybe things have changed.

1 Like