Attaching light bar to 2016 RX350 roof rails

My work vehicle was just fine ith a magnetic mount, why not take the easy way? Sure the light unit was maybe $180, but you could then use it on your next vehicle. Sure I did not go 80 mph, but never had a problem in the truck wash.

8 mm rivet nuts would be preferred. You will need the specialized tool to set the rivet nuts in place so look for a kit that includes the tool.

1 Like

Eastern plains hospital requested blood platelets for a teen in postpartum hemorrhage.
On a vacant stretch of Interstate highway at 105 mph when the hospital called and said speed it up!
Another similar situatioheading west againstrong headwinds.
My concern is the lightbar being ripped out of the roof rails if a sudden strong headwind.

Being worried about your lightbar while going 105 mph in strong winds should be the least of your worries.

Doubthathengine could even gethemergencyehicle above 90 in strong headwinds.
I beasy on engines.
(Am told Kansas farmers heading west cruise at 110+ in their King Ranch Expeditions.
East even faster dowhill and withe wind!)

Yeah, used to put a threaded rivet in sheet metal.

https://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html

1 Like

quit so soon?

You all helped me find expandable screw rivets to best attach the light bar to the roof rail.
Thank you.
Now another bloodelivery.
(Photo speed van took my picture going 41 in a 30 mph zone.
Film at 11.)

1 Like

Curious, where are you. On the rare occasions we needed emergency blood resupply, we had to coordinate transportation with eithe Highway Patrol or Sheriff, they would deliver it to us.

Colorado State Patrol also performs “blood relays”. But hospital personnel complained it often took CSP too long. Troopers are already busy with traffic accidents, etc.
One trooper goes to the blood center but does not knowhere to get in.
The trooper takes the blood to the border of his/her jurisdiction where it is handed off to another trooper. Thatrooper takes ito his border and relays ito another.
Sometimes thextrooper is not present and the trooper must wait.

EMS volunteers on-call 24-hours/365-days take blood products in authorized emergencyehicles in all weather conditions from the blood center directly to the hospital.
Antivenins, coma panels, transplantissues, blood pumps, surgical instruments, DIGIBIND®, etc., have also been transported.

When adverse weather prevented the patient from being helicoptered to a higher level trauma hospital, the longest emergentransport was 302 miles. (It belongs in the Guinness Book of World Records.) (After the delivery I slept in the hospital’s parking lot.)

Hope you had your lights flashing. In my other life, troopers in Minnesota were very happy to bring in emergency products. Not much going on out in the rural areas and they got a chance to turn the flashing lights on and drive fast. Breaks the day up.

Yes, the light bar was operating. Butrying to make as little noise pollution as possible, the siren was not sounding. The person in the speed van - if there is one - did not prevent the camera system from activating. The strobe lamp flashed. (The violator, I recall, receives a mailed citation showing 6 photos. There used to be a 12-second videof thevent which could be seen on line.)

Lately I have become adept at donning the N95 face mask and medical barrier gloves before arriving at a hospital!

At one rural hospital I arranged to call upon arrival andeave the box(es) on their laboratory firexit door’s landing.

Colorado’statewide stay-at-home order begins 8 a.m. Thursday.