2017 Subaru Forester - Tranny Whine

I bought a 2017 Subaru Forester with 47,000 miles on it. When I test drove it, there were 3 people in the car all talking. Everything seemed fine but a few days later, driving alone without radio on, I heard a whine when I slowed to 10 mph for a stop sign. It started again when I accelerated from stop to 10 mph. It sounds similar to wind noise in a roof rack. Not very loud and the only time I hear any noise is below 10 mph. Took it to a Subaru dealer and they said it was internal transmission failure & put in a new one. Under warranty so no cost to me. Drove off the lot and heard the same noise. I live in Baja and that dealer is 6 hours away. The want me to bring it back but I’m not trusting them.

Sorry to hear that but you don’t have many options. If the nearest dealer is 6 hours away snd you don’t trust them, you may have to drive 8 hours to find the next one.

Have you considered the possibility that a slight whine is normal for this car?

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I have considered driving it as and just doing nothing unless it gets worse. Heading out on a 4,000 mile road trip next week. Wish me luck!