2017 Nissan Rogue - Transmission issues

transmission not shifting to overdrive, no engine breaking and no brake hold

How many miles are on the vehicle??

You have a CVT (Nissan RE0F10D)=(Jatco JF016E CVT)…

What are the transmission codes??

Could just need reprogramming, or could need a new transmission, and a few things in between…

This needs to go to a transmission shop or the dealer, dealer preferred unless an independent trans shop specializes in CVT’s…

This may or may not apply to you… Lots of problems with these transmissions…

2 Likes

Hi
I have 114,000, no check engine light. No way for me to see any pending codes.

Phillip Hedley

This a Rogue SL not a Sport and transmission shifts fine and no lack of power.

Phillip Hedley

You will need a better scanner to be able to read the TCM codes most likely… you have a CVT transmission, meaning no gears other than reverse and forward clutch packs, the pully system is what is changing the gear ratios, you may feel something like a gear change when this happens… I am guessing that the TCC (torque converter clutch) is not engaging which does feel like a gear change but it is not, and allowing the trans to free spin when you let off the accelerator instead of engine braking, this is only a theory…

You need to take this to a trans shop or dealer that knows how to test them…

BTW, you are at the mileage that these transmissions are known to overheat the CVT fluid and therefor the trans fails… You might be able to change the fluid and filter and hope for the best, I have heard at this point you need to add a trans cooler to keep it from overheating or even replace the cooling system… but it all depends on the damage done if that is what happened…

4 Likes