Are any Rotors or Drums Made in the USA nowadays?

that is the epitome of inefficiency barky

Does anyone know if rotors at the dodge dealer would be made in USA?

Are there any quality aftermarket rotors, even if they are made in china? My problem with aftermarket chinese rotors other than not supporting our workers here in the US is this
 In my past experience which has been 7 or 8 years ago, the chinese rotors were not equivalent to oem or aftermarket USA rotors. They did not have the same amount of cooling fins and the fins they did have were thinner and spaced out further apart.

In an effort to keep on the automotive track I will criticize Americans for our short sided, apathetic nature. Far too many will feel annoyed when the low fuel light appears and they are forced to exit the x-way. And how dare car manufacturers market automobiles that require expensive preventative maintenance that interferes with viewing the big game while putting a crimp in the beer budget.

Whether it’s our automobiles, our jobs, our lifestyles or our elected leaders we have just what we chose. Maybe we just didn’t pay close enough attention and look behind all the curtains and ask the ‘right’ questions before choosing. We buy images. The marketing companies sell images.

well, I still think seeking to lay blame is pointless. by all means learn from history, but live for today and tomorrow and don t waste time laying blame.

forgive errors and move forward with your increased knowledge.
if you were, wrong admit it and change your actions and beliefs.
if you were right, be gracious and forgiving of the bad choices of the other side

@ken green - greetings from NYC. :slight_smile: The cdaquila account is just me. This past spring, I took over the day-to-day monitoring of the board, and I check in at least once daily.

I do agree that the supply chain’s connection to global economic health is important to cars, and parallels can be drawn to other situations. I was more speaking to the stuff about the Crusades, genocide, and the like. But like I said, topics have a way of wandering away and then coming back to the car world, so I’m not rushing to close.

@wesw‌

If you refuse to look at the past, you’re being extremely naive

It’s pretty convenient to call the radical muslims evil, and forget that your own society did many of the same things in the past

And that some of the people that are now considered heroes sanctioned this behaviour

Are you saying that history I mentioned should be whitewashed, because it’s in the past, and is now meaningless?

Let’s just strike history from the school’s curriculum, because it’s unpleasant and inconvenient?

you apparently did not fully read my responses. I made it clear that history is important to learn from, its the blame game that’s pointless.

history is my favorite thing to read about and I dare say I know more than most.

it was the punishment of Germany for ww1 that caused ww2 and forgiveness and rebuilding of Germany and japan that allowed them to flourish after ww 2.

history is perhaps the most important thing to study

continuing to blame todays people for something that happened 1000yrs ago is pointless

and using it to justify or excuse todays mistakes is a recipe for disaster

@‌wesw

“apparently did not fully read my responses. I made it clear that history is important to learn from, its the blame game that’s pointless.”

No

I did fully read your response. I chose to respond to certain aspects of your response, perhaps not what you’d like me to respond to

speaking of blame . . . the middle east is in turmoil in no small part, due to the fact that certain countries conveniently partitioned countries the way they saw fit, after the wars. People were grouped together that shouldn’t have been, and people that should have been together, were split up by new borders

Not to mention those guys that are now in that ghetto, aren’t allowed to leave, and are basically unwanted.

It’s pretty easy to form a country, if you conveniently push aside and/or round up the guys that were already there

That clearly applies to several countries

I guess we just don t see things the same.

by your logic would it be ok for Israel to nuke Germany for what happened 70 yrs ago? of course not.

the Palestinian issue is very difficult, and I don t have the answers.

the issue in Iraq and Syria is not. they are beheading children, crucifying people, trying to kill every single yaziri that exists. hundreds of thousands of Christians are running for their lives.
every muslim that does not see things exactly as they do is being killed too. we are on their list too.

if we can t stand against this what will we stand up for?

they are not hiding it, there are videos.

@wesw‌

Let’s just agree on one thing, please

Nobody should nuke anybody

of course, but if these guys win in Pakistan we may have to face that too.

if they get pakistans nukes I don t doubt that they will use them. anyone who puts childrens heads on pikes in the park needs to stopped

I’m also quite disturbed by the situation over there

But at the moment, there is no global political willpower to stop them

A few bombing raids will only hold them off for awhile

Another “Desert Storm” type coalition effort might do the trick. But the US president said he wouldn’t send anybody back, and it’s clearly important to him that he stick to his guns

well, thanks for that. I won t lose my faith in humanity just yet. :slight_smile:

I fear that these fellows are already having a world war and we will be too slow in seeing it.

no hard feelings. civil debate is needed for us to learn.

poor president Obama s most fervent supporters are crucifying him for the action he is taking.

I m not a supporter of his, but I will stand by him now. this too important for politics.

Did the Russian Trabant have cardboard brake rotors as well as a cardboard body? Im sorry, duraplast is what I meant to say, its a common misconception that they were made of cardboard. The only thing better than my beloved 4 wheel drum brakes ( which are fine by the way, if people wouldn’t be in such a hurry.) would be 4 wheel cardboard drum brakes.

I just don’t want no pig iron rotors on my cars, or my families. The car in question is a dodge caravan, it needs new rotors, if it had 4 wheel drums they wouldn’t pulsate and they would not need replacement.

you re silly rick

@WheresRick‌

The Trabant was actually east german

I wouldn’t want to get those cardboard drum brakes hot

And I’d be scared to slam on brakes after going through a puddle

But it would be a lightweight vehicle . . .

The interesting thing is that people are starting to “rediscover” the Trabant again. They’re no longer being chopped, slammed on dubs, having wings added, etc.

you re silly rick

Thankyou! I love all you folks Btw. I really do. There are a bunch of great people here, even if we disagree sometimes.

Mason Dave - We Just Disagree Lyrics

So let’s leave it alone 'cause we can’t see eye to eye.
There ain’t no good guy, there ain’t no bad guy,
There’s only you and me and we just disagree.
Ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-oh-oh.

@WheresRick‌

Well, you brought us back on target

Now we’re talking about brakes again . . . even if they are cardboard drum brakes

i thought we were on song lyrics now

let s see
, “highway to hell” is car related