Are all Americans such spoiled brats?

You invited him, he’s staying at your house.

I love the anti American tone from the poster of the thread … because of one girl? I listen to the show every week and must have missed that segment. There are spoiled (minor or adult) kids in ever part of the world. Americans are HARDWORKING, creative, intelligent and generous in charity, to people all over the world, second to none. You are welcome. I recall America saved the Brits bacon in WWII, at great cost in American lives and treasure. You are welcome. Brits murder people over soccer games! “ARE ALL BRITS ANIMALS?”… Of course not. I love people like you, ignorant and / or prejudice of America. No we are not like TV and Movie shows. You are insulting Americans with your fake question which is really rhetorical. You betray your own prejudice and already think Ameircans are spoiled. Don’t you? You are not that clever. What if I said “Do all Brits have pasty faces and rotten teeth”? Well asking the question is insulting and a stereotype. What kind of logic is your question. It’s not logical; it’s illogical. The obvious answer is, NOT ALL AMERICANS ARE SPOILED BRATS.

I think it’s a typical spoiled brat…or an overloving/overriding parent.

My wife thinks we need to give and do all kinds of things for our kids. I think the only thing we “need” to do is feed, clothe, educate, shelter, and prepare them to deal with life.

Some parents can’t let go, or want to let their kids be independent because now they are out of the picture.

You gotta let them go when they’re ready, which is any time after they say so past their 18th birthday