Anyone aware of a good quality, accurate tire pressure gauge which is reasonably priced?

Ohh I’m beyond a new career, or hobby for that matter. Bridges all burned, 50-something with no industry appeals.

Got to be good, or at least knowledgeable, about something. And I think I’ve carved out a niche.

And I can’t abide by the philosophy that “as long as the tires are all between 30 and 35 psi” is acceptable. Nope! That’s why gauges exist.

If a car calls for 33psi at all four corners, with a gauge there should be no reason for four different pressures, IE: 30, 35, 32, 36.

Volvo:
Please refrain from comments like these. It negatively affects all of us on this site, and it drives valuable contributors away.

We can all learn from each other. But that can only happen with a free exchange of ideas.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Joe Mario . your moderator application is in the mail .

2 Likes

I paid $85 to have another tire pressure sensor replaced. Not cheap but very accurate and I don’t have get on my knees to check tire pressure regularly. I only use a gauge when pumping the tires up and don’t think I ever paid more than $20 for any of the half dozen I have. Of course I don’t have tpms on the lawn mower, snow blower or trailer so just once or twice a year.

Got to admire anyone who makes the commitment to doing anything “Right” instead of simply “Good Enough”.
Personally, I’m not as meticulous on tire pressure but if you catch me gapping points with my collection of feeler guages and dwell tachs it would be a different story. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have one of those Sears dial gauges, it my go to gauge plus a few Accu-Rite gauges. The Sears one is spot on with the tps monitors on my car. That said, the self service tire inflaters at Costco with the auto shut off has also been spot on with my gauges, even with staggered front and rear pressures.

RE: Sears -

[url]Rare VTG Model #6024 Adjustable Dial, Sears Tire Pressure Gauge 0-60 PSI Garage | eBay

I don’t know why, on Amazon, that gauge is listed as “Accu-Gage by Milton” when it is plainly a Meiser product.

Unless the two companies are affiliated, or subidiaries of eayacheother.

Milton now owns meiser

Sorry to hear that - NOT IMPUGNING Milton, but, I prefer more individual companies competing, vs companies eating each other whole, like sharks. More companies = greater depth of product range, more competition = more innovation, strides in quality.

I bought this Longacre model**:

with my Optimum gift card - a 40psi model for use strictly on cars(those things with 4 wheels, and a hood and trunk that stick out from the passenger box…!), not light trucks or even SUVs.

I like the scale of the tick-marks - easy to set cold tire pressure precisely, at or below 35psi.

My 60psi version is for also aforementioned SUVs and some light trucks.

**Adjust the zoom on your screen so that the black rubber outer bumper measures approx. 3inches/7.5cm diameter. That should convey how big this thing is! And that’s just the Deluxe level. Their ‘Magnum’ series is half a inch larger!

1 Like

The one I got from Sears long ago was made by Amflo Bridgeport 0-60 psi. Had a manual slide valve at the nozzle to retain the pressure reading when removed from tire valve.

1 Like

I guess I have to buy one of the gauges listed above.
You guys might laugh, but I have pen style gauge I bought from AZ 20 yrs ago for 99 cents and cross reference it with a newer pen type gauge along the TPMS in our Nissan and Toyota and they are all about on the dot for the PSI. I once spent a bit extra and got a dial type but it fell apart after a few uses.

I use an Astro Pneumatic 3082 tire inflater, this needs to be connected to an air supply. Helpful when customers want the dash display of tire pressure to be equal. The pressure range is from 0 to 65 psi, able to inflate compact spare tires.

I take them home, wrap them in plastic and have them for lunch the next day. Day old temporary doughnuts are just as good 24 hours later.

Local gas station switched out the Krispy Kreme donuts around midnight, I would pickup a six pack of the old donuts for $0.99 on my way home from work.

I consider Astro Pneumatic a ‘holy grail’ of tire pressure apparatus.

Does your analog model, as does the 3018 blue digital, also gauge tires without being hooked up to air?

Re: Donuts

Good one, lol!

I’ll take a sugar-coated jelly donut, as in: granulated sugar, not that powdery confectionary stuff that cause me to cough ad infinitum(!)

Almost impossible to find here in the 2020s, as are a lot of things I like that they ‘used to make’.

The local bagel shop for a couple years would sell everything half price after 8 pm. They had to stop doing this b/c they discovered only a few customers were buying bagels during the day. Than at 8 pm, shop would be packed with people … lol … Some good came of this, I think they now give away whatever bagels they have left at closing to homeless shelters.

Gee thanks man. Got any fresh ones? I often think of this, in school we used to call folks swoopers tha would visit the orphanage, vets home, and rest homes st Christmas, then never show up the rest of the year. No big deal. Just wonder if the best should be served first, then pull out the Mogan david. :innocent: I took that out of context unfairly, but once in a while deliver some fresh ones.

Back to tires, I like that one of Nevada’s but $50, I’ll have to think about it.

It did when new, however after 2 years of daily use, the control valve needs air pressure to keep it closed. Without the air hose connected, the pressure from the tire leaks out the hose coupling.

Nevada:

Perhaps Astro needs to include documentation pertaining to the use of its inflator-heads as stand-alone gauges when not supplied with air.

I do know that it wasn’t a problem with the # 3018 blue digital model I referenced earlier, as I visited a garage employing the 3018 when cross-checking several of my personal gauges.