Anybody here use fix a flat canned stuff in snowblower tires?

I do not know how to make this car related, but was at a friends for dinner, over sunned in the past lady, still beautiful, and her sister, now I thought her sister was her daughter, kind of like 2 classic cars next to each other, one barn find and the other looked great for the patina.

You drove there after getting your oil changed. I gotta go order some parts for my heater. Itā€™s getting cold here. I should order a new keyboard at the same time.

1 Like

The horse is out of the barn but next timeā€¦ before hammering on the threaded end of a bolt, put the nut back on until it sits flush with the bolt end. This will help to prevent distortion of the bolt end or damage to the threads while youā€™re applying coercion.

Iā€™d just twist the head off now and then use another bolt of the same diameter (but harder) as a drift to drive the damaged bolt out of the axle from the missing head side.

2 Likes

Your skin is dry and cracked because the air I saw so dry in the cold weather. You could use skin cream to keep the damage from occurring. People that are in the sun a lot do the same thing, although itā€™s a different skin cream.

The problem is its pretty tight quarters to get any kind of tool in there. Maybe a drill to drill the head off or a long bit. My Toro has the pins on the outside of the wheel and they are just push pins, so no problem. My MTD has a bolt into the shaft on the outside. I donā€™t know what the Snapper has but Iā€™ll take a look next time Iā€™m in South Dakota. Might as well be prepared.

Been 5 of 7 days with snow work this week, The tire is doing fine! Only had to use the big boy 3 times but wanted to let you know.

1 Like

Glad to hear it.

LOL, Brainerd is where the movie ā€œFargoā€ was filmed!
The producers though ā€œBrainerdā€ would make a poor name for a movie, so they titled it ā€œFargoā€. Loved the movie. The area is too cold for my old bod.

They showed the Paul bunyan staue from Bemidgi, rather than the one from Brainerd, it was a theme park that was relocated, paul was from the 1948 Chicago train fair. They did have bumper cars, and nickelodeons, Animated displays, chickens that could beat you at tic tac toe, flip card movies, a little train you could ride on, magnetic mining shack and arm powered roller things, and typical carny rides. Paul was animated, and parents would watch kids delight as he announced, Hello to whoever from wherever! ie: Hi to tom from St. Louis!,
I forget the story of the dog with the rear end upside down on the lower left, one of the animitrons had Guys skating around on slabs of bacon in a frying pan to grease up the skillet for pauls pancake. If you go north on 169 you will cross the rum river 8 or 9 times, legend is paul got drunk, and the river formed in his footsteps.

The ā€œFargo Barā€ is on Central Ave NE, Mpls. Been in it back in the 60s.
I imagine Brainerd has changed a lot since I was last there in 1977.

Yup, Paul spoke to me, I was 11 or 12.

1 Like

I have poured Green Slime into all the tires on my yard equipment and trailers and although I occasionally need to add air to some of the tires none have gone flat. An old wheel barrow finally got put in the scrap pile and the tubeless tire on it was so old and dilapidated that there were green pimples on every square inch but it stayed on the rim 'till the end as I pushed it into a utility trailer it carried 100+ pounds of accumulated scrap. If my new wheelbarrow is as reliable Iā€™ll need to will it to someone.

1 Like

I noticed that the front tires on my cheap lawn tractor went from convex to slightly concave across the treadā€¦checked the pressuresā€¦zero! I boast that theyā€™re ā€œrun-flatā€ tires.

;-]

Running flat tires they are!

Yeah Paul spoke to me too. I was on a fishing trip about 1957 with the neighbor kid and his dad. Paul knew our names and where we were from. The dad just smiled when we wondered how he knew.

That bar looks very familiar. I know Iā€™ve been by it a number of times but would never dare go in it.

Friend of my son is in his third year in college in ND in Aviation. Says itā€™s not unusual for flight training to be cancelled because itā€™s too cold (-40 or colder).

Good news tire still holding air, been getting a workout so far this year! Hopefully moving north from southern WI, will sell the snowblower and get a 4 wheeler with a plow I think :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Neighbor has one of those. It works fine unless a real big storm but after a while it gets hard to pile the snow is all.

Thanks for the info, need a plow for the trailbazer then? Or a really big snowblower?