Aluminum Ford bed vs Chevy steel bed

That might explain the small print in the commercial- closed course, professional driver, don;t try this at home. Same as coffee may be hot…or don’t use this drug if you’re allergic to it. Seriously??

While dropping blocks from 5’ above he bed is not common, stuff like this happens all the time and much worse. Many people that are truck owners don’t really use the truck for what it is designed for. My steel bed on my older dodge is beat up pretty badly. There are dents that are big enough that I think would easily penetrate an aluminum bed. For the average person out there that only pulls a boat or hauls an appliance once a year, the aluminum bed will be just fine.

and the beat goes on . . .
ALL the car companies are as bad as boxers, football teams, race car teams, you name 'em . . ALWAYS inventing a new DIG against the other.
and it wil never end.

I remember years ago a report from a guy doing a Jeep commercial. He said he was told by Jeep something to the effect of, “I don’t care if all of 'em come back on a flat-bed, I want to see some AIR under those tires!”

Someone asked when they changed from wood beds to steel. I sure don’t know. But a cousin here in Mexico has a 1976 Chevrolet pickup. It has wood. A few years ago, a new wood bed was installed. He oils the wood with used car oil.

I’m sure the guy got a new Pickup from Ford. Consumers are assumed to know nothing in court. That’s why people win big sums in cases where a little common sense would have prevented the problems.

yeah OK. I’m not a truck fan but still, dents are one thing but punching holes in the bed from dropping stuff in it is another thing. Maybe it ought to just come with a plastic liner from the factory. The other thing is people think that aluminum won’t rust. No, but it will corrode and have a similar effect as rust. Just sayin’ the big benefit is weight but there are other issues that people should be aware of.

As far as the “coffee is hot” warnings, I noticed on my Navigation system now, after every command, there is the caution “if possible”. Turn right at the next intersection if possible. So if its a lake or a field or cliff or something, disregard this command. Of course it might still be possible to turn into a lake so they may have to change it in the future to “if you can do so without injury and there is a road or pathway to safely follow”. That would really get irritating.

But here’s Fords retort to that.
Overall weight. Vehicle weight plus towing capacity.
I can just see the next tv ad ;
Two trucks and trailers side by side on DOT scales with a pile of stuff to be loaded on the ground next to each.
Each crew begins loading their respective truck and trailer with all sorts of equivilant load ( boards, bricks, cement bags, cement mixer, etc. )
The end of the ad would show the Ford completely loaded and the Chevy scale showing it had reached capacity with many items still on the ground . . as the Ford drives away while the Chevy crew scratches their heads.

Next . . chevy will counter with the magnetic door sign.
Chevy driver pulls out the ''Joe’s Lanscaping sign and slaps it on the door.
Ford driver does the same and the sign falls to the ground.

I could go on.
Of course , We’d have to include the other brands in this free for all.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s something a little shady going on , especially with the tool box .

And then while the two guys are standing there comparing the Ford and Chevy, a guy in the Dodge drives by pulling a yacht and the bed fully loaded and through the mud.

There is no need to include any other brands, except maybe GMC to show that GM pickups outsell Ford. At that point, most of the market is covered and the big two don’t care about the rest.