Alarm going off and is embarassing

My alarm started going off when the passenger door is opened and it never used to do that. I stop it from going off by opening the driver side and sometimes that does not work.

Do have an idea as to why that is happening?It is a honda accord EX,1995.

First, I think that you need to clarify the problem.

When you say that opening the passenger door causes the alarm to “go off”, is it possible that you meant to indicate that this causes the alarm to go ON (i.e.–to activate the alarm)?

If I read your post literally, opening the passenger door turns off the alarm, and opening the driver’s door turns it on. However, I somehow feel that you meant to indicate the opposite. Please clarify so that we have some idea of what you are trying to describe.

also, what conditions initiate this. Is it when you have shut off the engine? Or anytime, ie, you can open and close the passenger door anytime and activate the alarm?

What kind of key does this thing have? Ordinary mechanical key?

Sorry for the confusion,i meant to say that opening the passenger side activates the alarm…

It is when i open the passenger door anytime and activates the alarm.
Yes it is Ordinary mechanical key.

This may well be a problem the dealer can best fix. Getting into the security system is complicated without the schematics, and without the car in front of you.

But maybe someone here is an expert on this…