Air pocket?

Hello car talk community.I think that my car may have air tapped in cooling system. You can hear it “gurgle” almost like the sound of boiling water at start up,then after driving and turning car off,it sounds like your stomach growling.Temp gauge is where it should be.upper radiator hose will be too hot to grab whereas lower hose is barely even warm. Fans also seem to work properly,coming on & off like normal. So my question is "any suggestions to remove or burp system? Thanks in advance

I think what you may be hearing is refrigerant gurgling in the evaporator behind the dash. Nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks,appreciate your time.

What would cause the evaporator core to start to making noise,having never made any noise prior?

| old_mopar_guy
August 9 |

• | - |

I think what you may be hearing is refrigerant gurgling in the evaporator behind the dash. Nothing to be concerned about.

Evaporator cores don’t make noise. You should check that the coolant reservoir is full.

Thanks Nevada, appreciate the suggestion.The coolant reservoir is full. I think that the thermostate is only partially opening or stuck. I can grab/hold lower rad hose after sitting in traffic,a/c on for over an hr,while the upper hose is toohot to grab without a rag.

The refrigerant could be a little low.