After Kaiser Corp. had stopped selling their eponymous car

@It_s-Me Does the top picture of the Buick really have “ROADMASTER” in letters on the trunk? I read it as “ROADMONSTER”.

1 Like

Roadmonster would definitely have been more accurate.

You have to blow the picture up and use a magnifying glass but still a little fuzzy. But the script on the tail fin is without question. But I’ve been wrong so many times that I hesitate to comment.

What bothered my with highway patrol though is that he always drove down the middle of the highway and not in his lane. I suspected he was always drunk. This was before we realized many of them were on drugs and not whiskey.

The scuttlebutt about old Brod was that he liked booze… a lot.
Is that accurate?
Quien sabe?
Were other substances also involved?
Qui sait?

In any event, we can speculate all day about the reasons for his driving style, but the bottom line is that slander doesn’t legally exist after someone is dead.

I suspect that any actual driving was done by a stuntman. Any film of Crawford driving was probably a moving background. even that far back.how could they get film of him behind the wheel if it was moving?

No disrespect intended for the guy but even as a ten year old I wanted him to get back in his lane. Dad was used to driving on country roads but always cautioned to stay over especially on hills. I sure don’t want to get sued but maybe the rules of 1958 would apply.

True, my guess is that until 58, larger engines were not available in base Chevies, Fords, or Plymouths. In high school when I got my beloved 59 Catalina, one of the cars I looked at was an MN ex-Highway Patrol Plymouth with a 361 or 383, two door sedan, but would not start.
Bad guys often drove the Chevies, Fords, and Plymouths.

Heh heh. A friend bought a 64 ford highway patrol car. Repainted to green instead of maroon,
Then had the interior redone in Mexico. He loved the switch to turn the tail lights off.