Advance Auto is taking over Pep Boys locations

OMG with Pepboys parts gone, where will I go to spend hours searching for out of stock parts/supplies and tacky “accessories”! :sob:

2 Likes

Fear not!
Walmart has an extensive assortment of very tacky automotive “accessories”.
:smirk:

25 years ago Pep Boys in this area was ok. One time I walked in to the parts counter, said I needed a fuel pump for my (at the time) 25 year old truck. Parts guy didn’t need to do anything other than turn around in his chair, didn’t even have to stand up, fuel pump within reach. Later they got rid of the parts counter, you had to stand in line at the cash register behind folks buying in-car perfumes, and place your parts order there. Very noisy environment to conduct parts business. As you might expect, this idea didn’t pan out. And hence this thread.

Joking aside, I needed a couple of headlight connectors. I ordered them online at Pep Boys and in a few hours I got a message saying that they were at the store waiting for me. The counter folks couldn’t find them and suggested that I look in the aisles. Sure enough, there were a couple in stock and on display. Advance Auto and NAPA did not have them. Maybe Advance Auto will retain the extensive stock of odd parts like the ones I wanted.