Acura TL 2.5 ('97) starter

My Acura 2.5 TL starts after 2 or 3 attempts now. I’m assuming I need a new starter motor. Where does it go? Is this something a do-it-yourselfer can manage??

tell us the symptoms when it doesn’t start. Does it crank (ie the starter run) and the engine not catch? or does it not crank at all? If the latter do you hear a click when you turn the key.

Starters don’t go out very often.

When it doesn’t start, you hear a click and the starter does not turn over. After another try it will start. Sometimes it starts every time and other times it won’t turn over and you get a clicking sound.

could well be the starter solenoid. That’s a relay operated by the ignition switch that controls power to the starter. But other things could cause the solenoid to malfunction, such as wiring, the ignition switch, etc. Someone has to check with a voltmeter, and see if the solenoid is getting a full 12 volts when you turn the key. If so, check the voltage to the starter. If the latter is close to zero and the solenoid is getting 12 volts then either the solenoid is bad or it has a bad ground. if not…

As you can see it’s a complicated tree…

could also be a weak battery…

I checked my battery and it is fully charged. Where do I find the starter? I looked around under the hood and I don’t see it. The car has 140,000 miles so I am assuming it might be the starter motor.

Still wondering. I’m assuming I need a new starter for my Acura 2.5 TL with 140k miles. Does anyone know where under the hood I can find it??

Try removing both ends of the battery cables (both of them) and cleaning both the cable and where it goes very well and reattaching making sure they are secure.