Ac/heater vent ghastly odor sweet and urinelike that either spews or quietly leaks out of the vents

I think you need to find another dealer. The one you went to must not really care.

I would think that they could pressureize the cooling system and find that is leaking.
If they pressureize for a few hours, it should either show a leak, or eliminate the cooling system as the problem.

Feel the carpet on the passenger side to see if it is damp. If it is, the core is leaking. or…

Another possibility could be that the AC drain is not draining outside the car and it is leaking onto the floor and then the damp carpet is molding.

My truck does that now, because the last owner must have pulled the dash and not gotten the drain back in place properly.

Yosemite

“Most of my customers use recirc continuously and when I enter and start the car I find the air dirty and disgusting”

Even though this thread is mostly dealing with A/C related issues, I have to say that this trend–of constantly running the HVAC system on “recirculate”–also has bad outcomes during the winter when using the heater. More and more over the past few years, I have seen cars whose windows are severely fogged-up in the winter, and when I have had a chance to speak with the drivers of those cars, I have consistently found that they were constantly operating their system on “recirculate”.

In addition to fogging up the windows and winding up with some nasty odors in the car, the chance of asphyxiation from CO build-up in the car makes it…unwise…to use that “recirculate” feature on a constant basis.

i have never foled much with the recirculation button as not really certain of the advantage of it and it seems that accent button does not indicate clearly whether it is on or off…i will fool with it today…ps…nothing on the carpet at all…which has me thinking faulty connection to core…which is leaking…pooling…then smelling and spewing? very curious though?? the odor will not present itself on a dry, temperate day…is ‘that’ odd or what???

if it’s an animal?animal should ‘smell’…‘all the time’ no???
weird weird weird…
also…accent has already issued a recall on their gas gauge…no thanks to me…
might ‘my problem’ be another possible ‘recall’ for hyundai…which would be more expensive for them to manage?

so? another dealer… there is one in arlington…and one in wilmington…
if it is a ‘possible’ recall wanting to not ‘acknowledge’…would i not get the runaround from all…as they would all have the same instruction as how to handle the customer??

thanks again for your thoughts…

going to check circulator button and try to get a whiff of antifreeze for starters…

A film on the window usually means a leaking heater core.

Actually outgassing of some interior parts can cause a slight film on the inside of the windshield but on a 2012 that should be gone by now.