How it all started, it was a very hot day. The AC was not running too cold. I decided to go to Auto Zone and buy a $49 AC/ PRO thingy.
Followed the instructions saw some videos. Went ahead and recharged it a bit. The gage said it was at 44 so I maxed it to 50. The gage kept going down to 45 even if I put more gas in it. It got to the point where the clutch wouldn’t start. I took the top of the freon tag off and let out some of the Freon from the pipes. The clutch kicked on and it was fine.
Went for a 2 hour drive and the clutch would not work. I think I took way too much Freon out and the clutch won’t start at all after I left the house…
I have tried
- Check to see if the clutch won’t move. It moved fine when I use my hand
- Tried to replace the fuse relay with the horn relay. That didn’t do the trick
- Tried to hot wire the fuse relay 87 to the positive battery output. Nope…
- Tried the paper click method from 30 to 87 on the fuse relay. Nothing
- I disconnected the AC pipe switch and used the paper click. When I did that, the clutch won’t start but the radiator would kick on and off when I retrieved the paper clip. The clutch….nothing….
I haven’t swapped out the 75c fuse because I can’t get it out without a long noise pliers. That’s all I got left….
If anyone has any suggestions I would love some feedback. I believe that the Freon is very low but I can’t get the clutch to engage to fill it up again.
Any help will be wonderfully appreciated