A4 battery issue

I recently replaced the battery in my 2002 Audi A4 1.8T. The battery would just randomly die so I assumed the battery was bad. Now the new battery has died and the car will drive if jump started but I can’t turn it off without needing another jump. So, alternator seems fine. Did I get a bad battery or is something wrong that is causing my batteries to die?

The charging system could be the problem or there may be a problem with the wiring to/from the battery (some wires can fail internally) or there may be something that is draining the battery, like a sound system or security system. Then again you might just have had some bad luck.

Good Luck.

It sounds like there is a excessive current drain on the battery while the car is parked. There could also be a problem with the charging system. I suggest you have a shop do a load test on the charging system to make sure it is in good shape. Have them also check for a high current drain while the car is parked.

look in the yellow pages for 1. automotive, a.rebuilding, b. alternators, c. electrical.

find a shop near you. ask around for recommendations. then call a shop up. ask if they can see your car right now. (well next business day) then get it jumped and take it there. These electrical shops specialize in this, are quite quick, and will have it figured out asap.