A modest proposal

Do they beat them with empty vodka bottles from the passenger seat footwell?

@jtsanders,

Nope, they just use the bottle that never left their hand to begin with.

Why does the conversation always turn to drinking when Russia comes up ? ( obvious answer)

You left flinging cigarette buts out of the window off your grocery list. Biggest pet peeve here.

Accordion

“You left flinging cigarette buts out of the window off your grocery list. Biggest pet peeve here.”

+1
Question: When does littering not constitute littering?
Answer: In the mind of many smokers, when you throw cigarette butts out onto the roadway this somehow does not constitute littering.

Many people who would be otherwise hesitant to litter somehow do not view the tossing of cigarette butts to be littering, and I find this to be unfathomable. In addition to the obvious littering problem, the chance of starting a grass fire or other type of conflagration makes it very unwise to toss those butts out the window.

Many people who would be otherwise hesitant to litter somehow do not view the tossing of cigarette butts to be littering, and I find this to be unfathomable.

Every stoplight you can find butts off the side of the road. It’s amazing.

Illinois passed a new law effective starting Jan 1st 2014…up to a $1500 fine for throwing a cigarette butt out the window. Personally I think the fine is too low.

Speaking of jerks and their littering.

I really liked the seclusion of our road into our house when we first moved in. Everything, except the summer residents who seemed to prefer the same brand of beer and left the empties on the side of the road.

There were just two of us responsible for the winter maintenance the entire length of the road. We sanded by one of us throwing sand off the back of his 20 year old, unlicensed dedicated plow truck for the entire mile and a half of bumpy, steep and narrow snow and ice covered road.

Then one evening while sanding, I noticed a peculiar thing. The beer my neighbor was feeding me, that seemed to shake off the cab top and onto the ground below once in a while, only to be replaced by a fresh one, was the same brand I faulted the summer residents for throwing. It was my neighbor and I, unknowingly ( for some inebriated reason) who were the jerks.

After that, I stopped complaining to anyone who would listen and just quietly picked up the empties in the spring.

There are times when I don’t doubt that the biggest complainers are sometimes, part if the problem.

Yup.

Speaking of jerks . . .

Yesterday, I was driving one of our fleet trucks and had to let people cross legally cross the street before making my right turn.

I had my right turn signal on, and it was clear that I was letting these guys legally cross the street (they had the green walk sign), before I made my turn.

Yet some jerk behind me was honking the horn. He passed me on the left, cut in front of me and made the right turn. He almost hit those guys, who were still crossing the street

I got a look at the other driver’s face, and it was clear that he couldn’t care less

It’s a shame that a policeman didn’t witness the incident

Finally, one guy cut the other guy off and completely stopped . . . on the freeway.

They both got out of their vehicles and proceeded to duke it out. Fists were flying . . .

Must have been before cell phones as they both probably would have been hit by an errant texter.

@mikeinnh
$1500 is what, 2 cartons of cigarettes now? :stuck_out_tongue:

@bscar2‌

Cell phones were already around, but they were still very primitive, and texting was difficult

@
db4690 Senior Grease Monkey
11:16AM Speaking of jerks . . .

Wow! Nearly the same thing happened to me the day before yesterday. I was driving through a residential area approaching a cross street when 2 pedestrians on opposite sides of the cross street approached from my left. There are no marked crosswalks at this intersection but in my State this is described as unmarked crosswalks where by law pedestrians have the right of way. Of course the 2 vehicles ahead of me and 2 oncoming vehicles cruised through the intersection. I stopped. Both pedestrians gave me a little thank you wave and proceeded to cross. At this time a “fugly biatch” stopped behind me in her black Suburban and lays on the horn! At least she didn’t pull around me and flatten the pedestrians with her 3 ton monster. (Possibly 3 1/4 tons with her onboard.) She then proceeded to tailgate me for about 8 blocks constantly screaming and giving me the finger. I guess she taught me to never obey the law again!!! I swear 60 to 70 percent of drivers in my area are totally ignorant of traffic laws or just don’t give a s**t!

And , as luck would surely have it, sgtrock21…
I’ll bet it was SHE who phoned YOU in as the problem driver !

This is why this kind of a plan won’t really work out.

@sgtrock21 don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel, :wink:

Cell phones were already around, but they were still very primitive, and texting was difficult

The old bricks from the 90s?
I still stand behind my previous post; they’d get ran over if they’d done that today