A great big THANK YOU to Click and Clack

for the advice they gave to that woman from Brooklyn who drove up here to Vermont with a bubble the size of a half dollar on one of her tires to replace it post haste.

It never fails to amaze me how people can be so blithely thoughtless about their personal safety and that of the children that they profess to care so much about, not to mention all of us innocent bystanders, all in the name of saving a few dollars.

Motorists from the elsewhere are enough of a hazard when they come up here with their obnoxious driving habits like incessant tailgating in their enormous Urban Attack Vehicles and large imported sedans, yakking endlessly on their cell phones while blowing through red lights and practically running off the road, and my personal favorite, stopping DEAD in the middle of the road just over blind hills and around curves during foliage season just to look at the leaves. Add to that a car that’s an accident just waiting to happen and you’ve made MY day!

Now if I could just figure out a way to convince here to leave her little drippy nosed droolers at home next time she comes up for a visit, that would be the icing on the cake.

P.S. The State Bureau of Tourism has asked me to mention that these views are only those of one crotchety old coot suffering from an advanced case of cabin fever. They cordially invite you to come and visit anytime and spend lots of dough, but please don’t forget to go home again. :wink: