A Flaming Volvo

Maybe the dealer forgot to install the oil filler cap and did not test drive the car after servicing.

Second Point: Demand from them a fair market value to buy a similar Volvo plus time loss for dealing with this mistake.

Am I the only one who feels like he just walked in on the middle of a conversation?

Actually I was thinking that we just overheard a small piece from the middle of a conversation. Sort of like passing by the service desk on my way to the rest room. Same thing I think.

The reference is, I’m assuming, to the caller this past weekend whose Volvo burst into flames soon after having a full round of service at a dealer.

You are probably correct, cigroller.
Now that I think about it, there was a caller with a Volvo problem that involved a fire after the car was serviced.

That being said, I really think that it is a good idea to give some reference points for a post like the one above, rather than just presenting a fragment of what seems like a stream of consciousness.

“I really think that it is a good idea to give some reference points for a post like the one above, rather than just presenting a fragment of what seems like a stream of consciousness.”

Right you are. But sometimes I think the stream of consciousness fragments are all that some people have :wink:

Come on guys, Timing Belt? How but they didn’t tighten the fuel filter and it sprayed gas over the engine?