A dishonest used car dealer?

I’d have to climb on a ladder to be 6’3".
The sad part is that I can’t get into sports cars anymore either, because my body won’t bend anymore! :disappointed_relieved:

I used to be 5’11" and a half but age and multiple back and neck surgeries have whittled me down to 5’10". Yes, some cars can be a bit of an irritation to get in and especially out of.

The docs are pushing me to have yet another back surgery but so far I’m balking. The pills and once a month needle keeps me going and makes things manageable; sort of.

I told the better half that if I have another surgery I’m going to have them remove my entire spine.
She then asked me how I was going to get around with no backbone.

“Inchworms manage just fine…”. :smile:

You have my sympathy… and my respect.
As you already well know, the belief among many without back problems that back surgery is a permanent solution is highly unrealistic. In some cases it works great, but the additional load placed on the adjacent joints combined with the unavoidable scar tissue both catch up with you over time. And, meanwhile, surgery doesn’t stop the rest of the system from continuing to deteriorate.

One issue that I’ve noticed is that manufacturers are now putting large “bolsters” in many seats for lateral support, and, frankly, I have a great deal of difficulty getting around and over the bolsters and into the seats. My son’s 2015 Audi has “sport seats”, and between the bolsters and the B-pillar I have a terrible time getting in and out of the car. I’m in pain by the time I get into them, and pain again getting out of them. Son, if you read this please don’t take it personally. I love you and it’s a beautiful car… I just don’t have a sporty spine anymore. I see extremely expensive sports cars (particularly those designed around “tub” bodies) that might be a lot of fun if they only had gullwing or dihedral doors so I could sit down into them rather than squirming around obstacles. :mask: